Please contact our Manager of Member Experience, Dianne Hutchison, @ 630-232-2360 ext 105 to schedule your membership appointment or for specific questions surrounding your application for membership with RAFV.
An in-person appointment is required to complete the application process.
What is the procedure for becoming a member of the REALTOR® Association of the Fox Valley?
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
REALTOR® / Broker
This individual has completed the required 90 hours of broker pre-license coursework, has passed the state licensing exam and is a licensed real estate broker or has applied for their real estate broker’s license. They are being sponsored by a Managing Broker.
Designated REALTOR® (DR) / Managing Broker
This individual is the head of the office. If you are opening your own office, ask about additional fees. We will also ask you for the paperwork you have filed with IDFPR for your company name. This person must be at least 20 years old, have an active, valid Illinois real estate broker license, and have had an active real estate license for two (2) of the past three (3) years. They must also successfully complete the 45 hours of required managing broker pre-license education and pass the state licensing exam.
REALTOR® Appraiser (RA)
Don’t be confused by the term REALTOR® – this member type is not a licensed real estate broker. This individual is an appraiser working under a DRA. While RA’s are not technically sponsored by DRA’s, we will require a letter from the DRA stating you are working under his/her company name. This member type is eligible for a SentriLock card.
Designated REALTOR® Appraiser (DRA)
Don’t be confused by the term REALTOR® – this member type is not a licensed real estate broker. This member is a licensed real estate appraiser. This member type is eligible for a SentriLock card.
This person works with property owners to market and show their properties and attract good tenants. They also help renters find and lease properties. Leasing agents must complete a 15-hour Residential Leasing Agent course at a state-approved school, and pass the state licensing exam.
If you are a REALTOR®, Designated REALTOR® (DR), REALTOR® Appraiser, Designated REALTOR® Appraiser (DRA), or Leasing Agent (“Agent” is understood as being any of these applicant types), please follow the steps below.
Please review the video below prior to application.
- Agent accesses on-line application. Click HERE.
- RAFV receives notification that the app has been completed
- RAFV sends the following to the DR or DRA, and agent:
- Lockbox Policy to sign
- Request for either a 45 day permit or a printout/printscreen from IDFPR showing the Managing Broker (DR) has accepted, or at least applied for, sponsorship of the agent
- Initial invoice and description of the monthly bill
- RAFV receives items requested from DR and agent
- Agent calls RAFV for an appointment, 630-232-2360, extension 105
- When #3, 4, and 5 above are done (can be done in any order), RAFV meets with the agent for 30 to 45 minutes to complete the sign-up procedure.
What will you need to bring to the in-person appointment?
- A Fees Page (if you haven't emailed or faxed it prior to the appointment)
- Letter of Good Standing (Transfer Members Only)
- Your payment. We accept check, money order, credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and AmEx)
How long will this take?
We pride ourselves on strong customer service at RAFV. Most appointments take 45 minutes. You will be given our full attention. Come prepared to soak in a lot of info about your new association.
What should I know before my appointment?
Not too much. We will guide you through this process. It might help to speak with your Managing Broker about the “SentriLock APP” system prior to coming in. Know whether you want to get a SentriLock APP the day of your appointment, or if you would rather hold off till your business gets moving. If you want the APP, you will be asked to complete an additional form and make an additional payment. The annual fee for the card is $150. There is no pro-rating.
TRANSFERS FROM ANOTHER ASSOCIATION
If you are transferring from another association, be sure to ask them for a Letter of Good Standing. This will be required to come to RAFV. The letter should provide us with your: local join date, NRDS ID number, and the date of your New Member Orientation completion. Our Manager of Member Experience will determine if you need to re-take Orientation with RAFV and will also help you to determine your transfer fees.
If you are transferring internally and already belong to another RAFV office, we simply require you to submit the to us the following via email or fax:
- Signed off license from original broker, or either a 45 day permit or a printout/printscreen from IDFPR showing the Managing Broker (DR) has terminated sponsorship of the agent
- 45-Day Permit Sponsor Card from new broker, or either a 45 day permit or a printout/printscreen from IDFPR showing the Managing Broker (DR) has accepted, or at least applied for, sponsorship of the agent
- Completed Internal Transfer Form
- $25 fee is required up front, as explained on the Transfer Form
Board of Choice
All local associations are assigned an approximate jurisdiction, that being said we all honor NAR’s Board of Choice policy. Simply put, you may join any board you would like in your state as long as your managing broker is also a member of said board.
¹The primary board of affiliation elected by a REALTOR ® must be in the state where the REALTOR ® is licensed and maintains his/her principal place of business. Licensees affiliated with a REALTOR ® firm may choose as their “primary” board any board in the state where the firm maintains a “Designated” REALTOR®.
We suggest you speak directly to your Managing Broker about your REALTOR® membership.